[vc_row section=”yes” full_width=”yes” img=”434″ parallax=”vertical” parallax_bg_width=”110″][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_empty_space height=”150px”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”sidebar-6″][vc_button text=”Request a Proposal” type=”primary” align=”left” target=”_self” url=”proposal”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]Are you part of a small or self-managed Strata Corporation?
As strata owners and strata council members ourselves, we understand the needs and demands of owners. We appreciate the fact that you are helping your neighbors by volunteering your valuable time to help save everyone in your self-managed strata building money. The good news is, we can help, while still keeping your monthly strata fees low!
As you may have experienced, effective strata management is more complex than it may appear from an outside perspective. Our staff understands the amount of time that council members volunteer towards looking after their strata operations. It can easily become an uncompensated part-time job that only a few active strata council members are willing to volunteer for.
Although there are costs associated with hiring a professional strata management company, the benefit of hiring Metropolitan Property Management will far outweigh any expense. We aim to provide exceptional value, as we have found that when we offer lower management and administration fees, it frees up more money for your strata corporation to spend on your property. When more money is spent on your property, owners are generally happier as they see that a proactive approach is being taken on the property. Through our effective budgeting techniques and our proven track record of finding our clients more value for their dollar, we can actually help pay for our fees. When our clients are happy, we are happy!
We will customize a package based on your budget!
In order for Metropolitan to customize a package specifically for your strata property, we have prepared a quick checklist of common tasks that are essential to running a strata corporation effectively. By filling out this brief checklist, we will be able to provide a price based on what you need, not what our pre-existing packages offer. Please contact us and simply request a self-management form for you and your council members to review.
Besides having more time to enjoy your lifestyle, there are many benefits to switching from a self-managed strata corporation to hiring a professional management company. Some of the most common differences you will notice when you decide to hire a Metropolitan Property Management are:
- We can work within your budget, to completely customize a package for you. There is no point in paying for tasks that your strata council is willing to complete. Are their items that you just don’t want to do-then let us do them for you! We will customize a package based on your budget! It’s that simple
- You won’t have to issue notices, or track down owners for late payments or charges
- Although you will hire Metropolitan to perform certain tasks, we still keep you informed on the ongoing operations of your strata corporation. Effective communication is key, and with our online web portal, you can access your meeting minutes, maintenance work, and financial documents when you need them
- No more bookkeeping headaches. Leave that to our trained accountants
- Our office has plenty of room for your files and records. There is no longer any need to have a mini office set up in your home
- Let us help you find reputable contractors. When you hire Metropolitan, if you are happy with your current contractors, we keep them! If you would like to hire someone new, we will always get 3 reliable quotes, and work together to find a company who will suit your needs
- We have education, training and experience regarding the Strata Property Act, and strata building insurance. Why not use our expertise?
- Trust accounts are set up and we are completely responsible for reporting and being accountable for where your funds are
- Guidance in meetings and everyday strata life
Self-managed strata corporations are actually becoming less common, and even small strata buildings are starting to realize the importance of hiring a strata management company. Metropolitan Property Managers appreciate the importance of keeping your costs to a minimum, and are able to offer lower priced, customized packages to suit your specific needs.
In September 2014, The Real Estate Weekly, the largest real estate market newspaper in the lower mainland, published an article titled Mortgage Risks in Buying in a Self-Managed Building. One thing to take away from this article is the fact that even though your self-managed building might be well maintained, not all lenders are willing to finance a purchase because of the risks involved with mismanagement.
At the end of the day, you need to be able enjoy all of the benefits that your home has to offer. When you hire Metropolitan Property Management, you can delegate your volunteer responsibilities to us, so you can spend more time doing the things you enjoy, and let us do what we do best, which is managing Strata Corporations. Council members will still be in control of the decision making process, after all, the strata manager works for the strata council, and we will work together to enhance your community.
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have, so please contact us and learn how Metropolitan Property Management can customize our services to suit your needs[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]